7. Email Templates
fmEditEmailTemplate, fmEmailTemplates - Email Templates Section
This section helps to create regular email contents and use them when changing order status
You can add, clone or delete templates. You can edit, apply changes or cancel changes, attach files, insert macro and preview your template.
So, you can perform such basic operations as:
- Refresh data forces templates' list update. It is useful when you're changing connection or have any doubts e.g. whether the latest data were displayed or not.
- Add template calls blank email template properties form, which is used to create a new template. Check other options below.
- To edit template, just double click on it to see your email template properties.
- To clone template, use the corresponding button.
- You can delete selected template from your store . Pay attention that you won't be able to undo delete action, unless you've made d-base backup.
- Preview Email - allows you to preview your e-mail except macros (they may be shown incorrectly here, you'll be able to check them before they are sent).
- Test Email - Also you can send a test e-mail to check if everything is well done.
Add Email Template
Add Email Template
In order to add template follow a few steps listed below:
- Click add template button , it calls blank email template properties form, which is used to create a new template.
- Specify any name and description. It's better to use names and descriptions that brings you some information about this template.
- Click Ok to save this entry and to add content, or click cancel to discard this entry.
- Specify your template content:
- From - Specify your e-mail.
- Subject - Specify e-mail subject.
- Text Area - Add e-mail content. You can use one of available default templates.
- Preview for and Preview - You can preview your e-mail to see the result.
- Insert Macro - Macro allows you to insert data from your database (for example [customers_firstname] field) to automate routine tasks. You won't need to go over each order and to edit the text, you can use predefined templates.
- Edit as HTML button calls HTML editor window of category description. It has 2 tabs: HTML and Code, and Properties Toolbar. Source preview is useful if you are working directly with "raw" HTML text, which gives you precise control over the tags used in the page. However, by default, you can still work with objects visually.
- Attach images if you use any. Use Add button and browse image on your local PC to add one.
- Click Apply Changes to save this entry, or click Cancel to discard it .
Now you can send an e-mail using this template while changing order status.